The Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143) lets parents live permanently in Australia if they have a child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia. Most applicants need to be sponsored by their child. Your sponsor needs to have lived lawfully in Australia for the two years before the application is lodged.
What this visa lets you do?
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa:
1. stay in Australia indefinitely
2. work and study in Australia
3. enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
4. sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
5. travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
For more information please write to us today