The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) enables employers in regional Australia to nominate skilled overseas workers or temporary residents in Australia for positions they are unable to fill from the local labour market. Employers can take part in the scheme as long as their business is not in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne.
Regional Sponsorship Visa Conditions
This Australian migration visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to:
1. live and work in Australia as permanent residents;
2. study in Australia at school or university;
3. receive subsidized health-care through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS);
4. access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods);
5. be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria);
sponsor people for permanent residence.