Study Visa

Australian student visa allows international students to study and work in

Australia. Studies can range from English language courses, vocational

courses, undergraduate as well as post graduate courses. The selected

course must be an accredited course provided by a registered Australian

Education Provider, College or University.

Visa Types

Below is the current list of the Australian Student Visas.

 Independent ELICOS (Subclass 570)

 Schools (Subclass 571)

 Vocational Education and Training (Subclass 572)

 Higher Education (Subclass 573)

 Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574)

 Non-award (Subclass 575)

PLEASE NOTE effective 1 st July 2016, these student visa subclasses will

change to Subclass 500 (student) and subclass 590 (Student Guardian).

Admission Requirements

 Academic requirements.

 English language requirements.

 Evidence of funds to support your study.

 Overseas student health cover

Visa Requirements

 Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) certificate

 Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement

 Evidence of funds to cover airfares, tuition fees and living costs for

first 12 months

 English language competency

 Health and character requirements

 Adequate Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

Work rights

International students are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week during the

course of studies / academic term and full time during course breaks /


20 hours a week can contribute significantly towards accommodation, food

and transport.

Including dependent/s

Student visa also allows you to include your spouse/partner and your

dependent children to accompany you to Australia.

You must declare all family members on your application, even if they do not

plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family

members will not be able to apply to join you after you have started your

course in Australia.