Child Visa


A Child visa (subclass 101) lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. The parent can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.

An eligible parent is:
1. an Australian citizen
2. the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa an eligible New Zealand citizen.
3. The child must be outside Australia when the application is lodged and when the application is decided.

What This Visa Lets You Do?

This is a permanent residence visa. It allows the child to:

1. travel to and stay in Australia indefinitely work and study in Australia
2. enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)
3. sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
4. travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia.

Follow by Email