Skilled Nominated Visa

The Skilled Nominated (190) visa is a permanent residency skilled migration visa for people with an occupation in high demand in Australia’s labour market. The visa is administered by the Commonwealth Government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). Prior to applying for this visa you must be nominated by a state or territory government, or sponsored by an eligible relative living in Australia.

Osprey Consultancy, having dealt with hundreds of such cases, can assess your case with your personal aspects kept in mind to smoothly process your application in the given timeline.

Reach us today to know if you are eligible.

Frequent Asked Question (FAQ's)

Q: What is SkillSelect?

A: The Australian Skilled migration is based on points system. Skillselect is an online system which enables you to submit your expression of interest also called EOI for these visa subclasses. If eligible or/and nominated, you will get an invite through Skillselect to lodge your visa within a certain timeframe.

Q: Which occupations are approved for use under the General Skilled Migration program?

A: To check if your occupation is in demand, please access the complete occupations list at

Q: How are skilled migration points calculated?

A: Points are calculated based on age, qualification, work experience etc. You can also use the below link to give it a try yourself.

Points calculator (

Q: How many points do I need to have to be eligible?

A: You must have at least 65 points. However, some occupations may require higher points based on demand and availability.

Q: What is an Expression of Interest (EOI)?

A: Expression of Interest (EOI) is an indication that you would like to be considered for a skilled visa and is submitted through Skillselect. It can be submitted onshore or offshore. It is not a visa application so does not require any fee. If you get at least 65 points, you may get a letter of invitation to apply.

Q: How many EOIs can I submit?

A: There is no limit on the number of EOIs which can be submitted but we do not recommend submitting several EOIs.

Q: Who can I include in my visa application?

A: Dependent family members can be included in your visa application e.g. spouse and dependent children.

Q: Can I move interstate after getting 491?

A: There is no restriction on 491 visa holders to move interstate. However, you are generally required to show commitment to live and work in the designated area of nomination and may be required to obtain approval from the nominating state or region before you can move.

Follow by Email