482 visa is a temporary (skill shortage) visa granted for up to 4 years. This visa is not points tested however you must be sponsored by an Australian based and approved business. There are also other mandatory requirements that an employer has to meet for “Standard Business Sponsorship” approval.

This visa allows you to bring your family and dependents with you and you can travel out of country as you wish. You must, however, work in the nominated occupation for a minimum of two years with the nominating employer. You can be in or outside Australia at the time of application lodgment. Nomination is another step in seeking to obtain 482 visa. Employer must nominate the employee and offer a reasonable salary which must not be less than prescribed minimum of $53,900. Terms and conditions of employment also cannot be less than favorable than any Australian employee in the same position.

Next step is to apply for visa application. Character and health requirements must also be met for the grant of the visa. All three steps i.e., SBS application, Nomination, and Visa application lodgment can be done at the same time.

Reach us today to know to find out more.

Frequently Asked Question (FAQ's)

Q: What is the difference between employer sponsored visa and general skilled migration visa?

A: In a general skilled migration visa, you have to take points test and be above a threshold to be eligible. For an employer sponsored visa, there is no points test, instead you are nominated by an Australian employer to work in your occupation.

Q: What is the difference between SC482, 186 and 494?

A: SC482 is a temporary visa and can be for up to 2 years or 4 years. SC186, once granted allows you to stay and work in Australia permanently. SC494 allows you to live and work only in the designated regional area in Australia and stay up to 5 years.

Q: What is classified as regional areas for 494?

A: Regional areas include everywhere except the metropolitan areas of; Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Perth.

Q: Can I also apply for permanent residency on employer sponsored visa?

A: The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (186). The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (494) visa, on the other hand, is a temporary visa but you’ll be eligible to apply for permanent residence after 3 years if you meet the requirements.

Q: What happens if my employer sponsor ends my employment?

A: If your sponsor ends your employment, you have 60 days to either: – find another employer to sponsor you; – apply for a different visa; or – leave Australia within 60 days, or before your visa expires, whichever comes first.

Follow by Email