Resident Return Visas

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Q: Why do I need a Resident Return Visa (RRV)?

A: If you leave Australia after your permanent visa travel facility has expired, you will not be able to return to Australia as a permanent resident. If you wish to return to Australia as a permanent resident, you must apply for and be granted this visa before your arrival in Australia. If you are in Australia, need to travel overseas and by the time you plan to return, you PR visa would have expired, you will need to apply for RRV and be approved so you can enter into Australia without any issues.

Q: How many RRV’s can I apply for?

A: There is no limit on the number of RRV’s that you can apply for.

Q: What is the difference between 155 and 157?

A: Both visas allow you to travel in and out of Australia as many times as you wish until the travel validity expires. With 155, the travel facility granted is for up to 5 years. If the requirements for subclass 155 RRV are not met, and the applicant is eligible for a subclass 157 RRV, the maximum travel facility granted on subclass 157 RRV is 3 months but can be granted up to 12 months.

Follow by Email