Skilled Independent Visa

If you are wanting to apply for Australian permanent residency based on your skills (gained through education and experience) then this visa subclass is right for you. You are required to submit an expression of interest (EOI). Once EOI is submitted, your details are available for Australian Employer, State and Territory Governments as well as the Australian Government to view. Depending on any available vacancies, any of these authorities will be able to extend an invitation to you to formally apply for your visa. You must be able to prove the minimum points you claimed when you submitted EOI.

Your spouse/partner and dependents can also accompany you to Australia on this visa either at the same time. Make sure you make the right decision about adding or not adding them all as secondary applicants in your application. If unsure, schedule an appointment with our RMA to get the right advice to save you from any hassle or inconvenience later on. Please note, in order to qualify for this visa, you must be under 45 year of age at the time of visa application and must meet the minimum points requirement for your occupation. Minimum points threshold at the time of writing these requirements is 65 but you may need more points depending on your occupation and its demand. Other skill assessment, English language competency, character and health requirements etc. are also mandatory.

Reach us today to know if you are eligible.

Frequent Asked Question (FAQ's)

Q: What is SkillSelect?

A: The Australian Skilled migration is based on points system. Skillselect is an online system which enables you to submit your expression of interest also called EOI for these visa subclasses. If eligible or/and nominated, you will get an invite through Skillselect to lodge your visa within a certain timeframe.

Q: Which occupations are approved for use under the General Skilled Migration program?

A: To check if your occupation is in demand, please access the complete occupations list at

Q: How are skilled migration points calculated?

A: Points are calculated based on age, qualification, work experience etc. You can also use the below link to give it a try yourself.

Points calculator (

Q: How many points do I need to have to be eligible?

A: You must have at least 65 points. However, some occupations may require higher points based on demand and availability.

Q: What is an Expression of Interest (EOI)?

A: Expression of Interest (EOI) is an indication that you would like to be considered for a skilled visa and is submitted through Skillselect. It can be submitted onshore or offshore. It is not a visa application so does not require any fee. If you get at least 65 points, you may get a letter of invitation to apply.

Q: How many EOIs can I submit?

A: There is no limit on the number of EOIs which can be submitted but we do not recommend submitting several EOIs.

Q: Who can I include in my visa application?

A: Dependent family members can be included in your visa application e.g. spouse and dependent children.

Q: Can I move interstate after getting 491?

A: There is no restriction on 491 visa holders to move interstate. However, you are generally required to show commitment to live and work in the designated area of nomination and may be required to obtain approval from the nominating state or region before you can move.

Follow by Email